Cp12 fail advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've had a cp12 gas safe test done on my boiler and it's failed and he's capped off the boiler because he said that the combustion gases are mixing with the air intake. He's not told me what might be the issue though and I'm struggling to find anyone else referencing this as a possible fail. Would anyone be able to tell me what the possible causes of something like this might be so that I can contact a gas safe engineer to remedy the problem. I would rather know the possible issues/solutions before calling someone in case the solution is more costly than replacing the boiler. Thanks for any advice or explaination of what this could be.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying. If the flue has a split in it, is it repairable or would it be best to change the whole flue? Do you think it might work out cheaper for someone gas safe to replace the whole flue rather than investigating for a faulty seal or a split?

Sponsored Links
Doh is that a common fault with them then? Am I correct in thinking that it'll just need a standard baxi flue? I looked it up on Screwfix and Toolstation, it's about £105 + engineer labor

Yes standard flue and labour. The flue has a plastic pipe inside the outer pipe to keep the gap, metal spacers are used that eventually make a hole in the inner flue.

Thanks soo much for your advice, really appreciate it! I'll start ringing around next week for quotes then, hopefully won't be too much : )

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back