Vaillant vSMART install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Can vSMART be installed by anyone, or does it need a gas safe engineer?

I've asked a gas engineer and he said you don't need to be gas safe to install it as you don't need to interfere with any gas combustion process within the boiler.

What do you guys say?

Sponsored Links
Well he is wrong as you need to remove the front cover to get into the pcb box to wire the bus connector to the controller

Yes agreed.
It's only two wires to connect to the ebus terminals but you need to be gas safe registered to do that, correct?

Are you familiar with the installation of vsmart?
My understanding is that the 2port motorised valves are powered by the VR66 wiring module and the switch contacts in the valve (grey and ornage wires) are not used.
Is that correct? If so it seems less safe to me.
What if a valve fails to open but ebus tells the boiler to run?

My understanding is that on S Plan with 2 port valves, only when the valve has successfully travelled to the open position that the circuit is completed to instruct the boiler to fire up.
It seems using a VR66 module removes that safety element.
Or have I misunderstood?

Sponsored Links
Anyone advise?
Am I right is saying that using the Vaillant wiring modules (VR65 VR66) ultimately give a less safe set up to the conventional S Plan configuration?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back