Crabtree Splitload

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all first of all ill just say im not doing any of this work myself....spark coming next week..

I have an existing board like this Crabtree Starbreaker 5+5

Unprotected Lights
Lights
Shed
Garage
Shed and garage have protection from their own cu's supplied from main cu mcbs

Protected Ring
Ring
Oven
Outside sockets
Boiler

Spark is coming to put in supply for a shower which i guess will have to be protected but where will it go ??Can any of the protected circuits be moved to unprotected?
Just really trying to get it right in my own head how he'll get around it?

Cheers Jon

Sponsored Links
As above, he will take a supply from the spare unproteced way to a RCD/MCB box and then to the shower.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies guys.. fitting an RCBO has got to be a cheaper and easier option hasnt it??

But is this safe and acceptable?

cheers Jon

RCBo will be quite acceptable, thats what we use on deluxe installations where the board just has a main switch and every circuit has an RCBo (which means you only loose one circuit in a fault), RCBos are in many respects an ideal option but as an MCB costs about £1.50 and RCBos about £15 but can be much more cost wins.

What he proposes will be quite safe and correct

Yeah he is cheers im a carpenter/joiner and can put my hand to most things but electrics i leave to the experts!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back