Crack in plaster after only 2 weeks....is this normal ???

If it wasn't there's be cracks elsewhere.

Not the case I'm affraid. The float coat can lift without cracking the finish and if the float coat has lifted then odds are the whole wall will be suspect.

Sponsored Links
you have confirmed my thoughts that the undercoat was put on and not allowed to settle and dry before the skim
ideally the undercoat should not dry out b4 skimming, it should still be damp when skimmed or if it did dry out it should have been damped down again or primed with pva, to treat this problem i would start at the crack with a scraper and take as much off as i can that i feel has blown or has not taken and then repair, you may end up taking all the wall off or it may just be localised "If YOUR LUCKY"

Why would you pva a fresh floatcoat..?

It looks like the flat coat wasn't applied to a correctly prept background. Clean off dust and debris, wet down, scratch coat then float. Looks like the float coat has lifted.
who said anything about pvaing a fresh float coat? if you read my post i said if the float coat had been allowed to dry out

you have confirmed my thoughts that the undercoat was put on and not allowed to settle and dry before the skim
ideally the undercoat should not dry out b4 skimming, it should still be damp when skimmed or if it did dry out it should have been damped down again or primed with pva, to treat this problem i would start at the crack with a scraper and take as much off as i can that i feel has blown or has not taken and then repair, you may end up taking all the wall off or it may just be localised "If YOUR LUCKY"

Why would you pva a fresh floatcoat..?

It looks like the flat coat wasn't applied to a correctly prept background. Clean off dust and debris, wet down, scratch coat then float. Looks like the float coat has lifted.
who said anything about pvaing a fresh float coat? if you read my post i said if the float coat had been allowed to dry out

Why would you pva the float coat if it had been allowed to dry out? I don't get it....

Sponsored Links
You can find faults everywhere if you look. What do you do for a living?

You going to answer the question?
if you have been a spread for 23 years and dont know the answer then ill leave you guessing :mrgreen:

Well if you are not confident in backing up your working practice then I'll leave you thinkng it's good practice :rolleyes:
peaps you have only been on this forum for a few days and have tried your best to wind people up, instead of trying to answer questions by ops and being helpful
you are jumping on other peoples advice in a negative way in fact thats all you do is just comment on what other spreads say and advise, "which" has now got people calling you a troll and i agree with them i will not be answering any of your posts directed at me or any other spreads:cool:

Here, here

clapping_animation.gif

The last thing this forum needs is yet another troll :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back