Cracked Bay Window Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We are looking to sell our house this year, I am going round and looking at work that needs to do, one of things that has worried me is the cracks that sit either side of our Bay Winder in the lounge.

Here are a couple of images:

Can anyone tell me if this is serious, if not can anyone recommend the best approach for filling in.

Thanks
Lee

Sponsored Links
Hi Richard,

I'll take some pics tomorrow in day light and post back.

Thanks
Lee
OK! Lee, and can you get a picture of the staining on the skirting board on the right, where it meets the floor, any sign's of damp, past or present.

Sponsored Links
Images of the right side of the bay window:

Image from the outside, this is the right hand side if I am looking at the bay window from outside, the opposite side to the internal images above. The outside of the bay window to the left shows no visible cracks.

It looks like the previous owner patched up the cracks on the outside, looks a mess too, anyway of tidying this up, i.e. make it blend in better with the rest of the wall.

Thanks

HI, it look like the bay, may be pulling away from the house, its not unusual, but can be a little expensive to fix. are you insured...?

Otherwise...you just need to look at getting in a decorator whos good with flexible filler...wink.

Like to tell you something nice Lee but that is not a filler job, even the window frame looks dodgy! unless your prepared to do it yourself I'd get someone to sort it for you.

If I've gotta pay, I've gotta pay.

We did think about putting double glazing in, but thats gonna eat up most of our deposit, since we would have to decorate too.

With regards to fixing the cracks, how much would you estimate, also, with the dodgy window frame, is there anything that can be done with this?

I'll get in some help, looks like I will need it.

Thanks

Lee, we only have your little photo,s to go by, things may not be so bad, get someone to look at it for you, a friend maybe, sorry, not to have been at all helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back