Cracked boundary wall

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a brickwall. You can't see it, but there is a crack running from middle top to just right of middle bottom. The pillar foundation is damaged and can be rocked easily. (I forgot to take a pic of the pillar.)

You wouldn't know there was a fault just by looking.

How do I get fixed?

See pic below.

odgBEL.jpg

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If the pillar is easily rocked then it is in dangerous condition & could kill a child if it topples. Call a builder to demolish & rebuild. YOU are responsible for any injuries caused to anyone by failure to maintain your property.

• Thanks
Reactions: OM2
OM2, good evening.

From the image posted, it appears that there is a car park on the other side of the wall??

Have you made a very close inspection of the other side of the wall to see if a car driver has not impacted with the wall??

It would be worth a very, very close inspection of the wall to see if there is any visual evidence of what your INSURER?? [Nudge-Nudge] would call "Impact Damage" which is covered under your home Insurance?

If you find such damage, make loads of Images and contact your insurer?

OK Your premiums will increase at next renewal OK that is why compare the market is there?

Ken

ken, it's funny you mention...
the car hasn't done anything.

BUT... we've got damage to the front drive.
caused by works done by british gas - now called cadent.
this has caused visible damage where part of the drive has sunk AND a large crack line is there eminating from the sunken part. it could be argued that had an impact

i chased and chased. after being sent from one place to another...it turned out to be british gas.
i sent them pictures.
i haven't heard back. this was 3 months ago. need to chase up.

problem is that the work was 8 years ago and the council said they are only liable for a time that is less than this time :(

Sponsored Links
An 8 year old fault to the drive would not necessarily cause problems with the wall. Sounds to me like the wall has had a nudge. I'ts difficult to reason what is most suitable for that location, what with all the traffic and all. Protective bollards?

• Thanks
Reactions: OM2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back