Cracked ceiling but can't find joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've got horrendous cracks in my living room ceiling.
Today is the day to tackle em so I've used a multi tool to grate out either side of the crack which I will fill with a lightweight flexible filler.
On the first bit I've started I can see that on one side of the crack the plaster board has some give so am assuming that's what's caused the cracking.
Decided to chuck some screws in there to hold it tight to the joist but every one I've screwed in doesn't seem to have a joist behind it.
Has someone boarded it and left the ends of the boards floating? Scratchy head time :(

Sponsored Links
Oh no.. :( I hope that's not the case.
I've probs made the problem a hundred times worse then as I've gouged out a tramline to fill back in. My husband is going to kill me. :eek:
Oops. :LOL:

Is there a glue strong enough to fill the crack and hopefully glue both edges together would you know... :cautious:

Sponsored Links
You could use coving adhesive, goes on like filler but contains adhesive , keep it thin as harder to sand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back