Cracked plaster and cracked brickwork behind it

22 Mar 2020
Reaction score
United Kingdom
7DDF9249-604B-42D5-B228-64BF9AE27746.jpeg 184543F4-2597-4E8C-B012-1BCE8B7AEC7E.jpeg

Hello all, new here!

Recently purchased a project house and learning on the job at the minute. It’s a 1930s end of terrace.

In one of the bedrooms there’s a crack in the plaster under the window, plaster pretty much just fell and can see the brickwork behind is cracked. Have done some googling and brick stitching is apparently the best method of dealing with this? More than happy to do this just wanted to get some
Opinions on whether this is actually the best method!
Sponsored Links
You need to determine what caused it and deal with that, not just repair the cracking, or it will just happen again.
Post pictures of the outside, also showing ground level.

Any drains or down pipes near by?


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links