Cracked plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter has put an offer in on a bungalow and noticed this cracking of the plaster in the corner of one bedroom. The left side wall is an internal wall and the right side wall is an outside wall, with a conservatory on the other side, which is a plastered wall, so the brickwork is not visible

What is likely to have caused these cracks? and how should they be repaired?. Are we talking about filling, re-plastering or is the wall likely to need some form of stapling or stitching?

I am sorry that I have no more information or access
cracked plaster.JPG

TIA

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Only a DIY'er, we'll wait for the experts to come along soon! :)
That won't be fixed by filling. It looks to me as if the plaster has blown (I have had similar myself) and will need replastering.
As for the cause, without more info we can only speculate - perhaps some dampness in the wall has been fixed, drying out has caused the cracks?
Hopefully a survey will find the cause of the problem?

As best I can see. Outside the window is brickwork up to about 1 metre, which is well below the window, and the window is surrounded with a render finish. The area outside, to the left of the window, was originally a car port and has been filled in to make a conservatory. The end of which is fully glazed and joins the house wall, pretty much in line with the left side of the bedroom window, looking from the inside. The conservatory wall is plastered for about 1/2 metre and then there is a double glazed door into the entrance hall

Think that it is 40-50 years old

Hope this helps

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I can only see what is available in the property photos and viewing video. I cannot see any cracks in any other areas

I have a wood/wall moisture meter, but would need a reason to visit the property

Thanks

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back