Cracked Upvc Window Frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had 3 Upvc re-enforced replacement windows put in just over a year ago and now have one glass unit which has cracked on the inside (lengthways top left corner arced to bottom left corner) and have also just noticed a crack in the frame on another of the windows ( bottom part of the frame) it runs parallel with the seam between the two units of glass (hope that makes sense!) Can anyone tell me why this might of happened, if a cracked frame can be fixed and if the fitters could be at fault. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sponsored Links
Emily, this may go some way to explaining the cracked DG unit, believe me they do let go on their own, sometimes the inner pane, sometimes the outer, as a service engineer for 15 years i've lost count how many i've seen.

As for the frame damage to the other window, can you post a picture up on here so i can see, there are methods of repairing pvc from small dents to holes the size of your fist, a pic would help if poss :)

Sponsored Links
How the hell do you crack it there?

Because its woodgrain it would be a very tricky repair to do and be totally invisible, there are various coloured waxes that you repair small scratches with, by using a soldering iron and melting and blending the different colours in, being vertical its tricky so you need plenty of patients.

But if this a recent installation then it needs replacing by the window company not repairing, its cracked and its new and wax would only cover it up.

I would write the frame off if i was sent to have a look :cry:

Thanks for your reply I'll be on to them first thing tomorrow and see what they say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back