Cracking in new plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I have just plaster one of my walls and it appears to be cracking...nothing major...I think!...but cracking never the less.

I PVA'd the wall prior to applying the plaster etc as I always do and it hasn't happened previously...not that I'm an expert!

I'm just wondering if this is normal and what's best to fill it...if I can?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
No its not normal , Did you seal the walls first with PVA and let it dry ? Did you then put a strong mix of PVA on it before you plastered and let it pick up and go tacky first? Was it good quality PVA? Were there existing cracks on the wall if so and they were not prepped then they will come back thru the new plaster, If you can answer no to any of these questions then that is why you have got cracks !!!

No its not normal , Did you seal the walls first with PVA and let it dry ? Did you then put a strong mix of PVA on it before you plastered and let it pick up and go tacky first? Was it good quality PVA? Were there existing cracks on the wall if so and they were not prepped then they will come back thru the new plaster, If you can answer no to any of these questions then that is why you have got cracks !!!

hi,

thanks for getting back to me!

i pva'd the wall twice, one mixture of 4/1 and another of 3/1. Both left to dry, although i didn't check for tacky feel.

no existing cracks.

just frustrating because i even surprised myself!

what would you suggest i do now?

Sponsored Links
You should not let the last coat dry out, it must be tacky when you plaster on to it, That may be your problem!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back