Hairline crack in new skim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i've had a wall re-skimmed by a different plaster to fix a poor job done by previous plasterers. This new plasterer scraped of all the cracked and blown skim and started. This time its a better job apart from one crack. However this hairline crack is straight over an old patch of putty that conceals plastic trunking housing an electrical cable. Could this cause a crack. The rest of his work is sound so can't be his work. Unlike last time cracks appeared everywhere and was hollow. Thanks. Phil

Sponsored Links
how deep was the chasing out m8 was it coverd with bonding
im old school chase out then cover the wires with steel or pvc caoping nailed one but use steel nailed withy a hilti
nice stronge pva mix over the top
then mix up your bucket of bonding but ad 2/3 hand full of cement in fill i out trowel it off then let it pull in then skim the wall

Sponsored Links
The wire is protected in a plastic trunking, thats all i know but it was near the surface. As far as i know it was filled in with like a grey putty filler. It sounded hollow but didn't crack. Sorry thats all i know hope it helps. As i said thats the only place where theres a crack. Also i don't know if it makes any difference but the crack was more visible when the room cooled down. With the heating on it was less visible. Phil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back