Cracking on new front extension wall

Sponsored Links
I will probably wait until early next year until I do any work but at least there has been plenty of heat so far!

I have had someone come around and quote me £180 to get the repointing sorted out and the cracked brick replaced. Does the price seem reasonable?

For anyone that might find it useful to know I got the repointing done and the cracked brick replaced. Since the cracking appeared around July 2017 there was no further progression of the cracking. During the long hot summer of last year I was keen to see if further cracking would happen but nothing happened.
During the removal of the mortar where the cracking was it was noticed that the cracks didn't go all the way back through the mortar meaning that the bricks were still joined which I thought was interesting.

I also managed to look up I into the roof space taking pictures with my phone after the soffit was removed. No cracking evident on the inside wall.

Hopefully all fixed but will in the short term keep an eye on it.

Sponsored Links
As expected no cracks in the mortar but just wondered if anyone can offer any tips to get the new mortar to match as close as possible to the pre-existing mortar as shown in the picture.

Attachments

• 20190301_220742.jpg
    20190301_220742.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 223

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back