cracking piece of frame grommit!

• Thread starter Sohail75Bashir
  • Start date
S

Sohail75Bashir

Any ideas on the best way to seal the gap between the door frame and the brickwork?

The original one has cracked, and easily pulled out by hand and screwdriver.

just for the record, the door is covered by a door canopy, and therefore not open to the elements, just the tempreture.

The door frame is in good condition just like the brickwork.

I'd normally use silicone glue but the gap is 1" wide (and silicone glue only gives max 10 yrs life)

Oh and by the way...I'm about to refit a new a new bathroom, and wondering...is this a a bargain?

Sponsored Links
for the door,id use some expanding foam,then fit some 1" quad or similar all the way round.
as for the bath soz aint got a scooby.

Trowel mastic for the gap around the door frame. The bath isn't a bargain as the panel don't fit properly.

hth

Trowel mastic for the gap around the door frame. The bath isn't a bargain as the panel don't fit properly.

hth

Is there a way of making the Mastic stronger, to stop it from cracking!?

About the panel...It actually fits; it just not clicked in; i was messing with it just before the 'click'! :D

Sponsored Links
corner baths are pretty out of fashion in my opinion and they always seem to be on 'clearance offer' more than any other type around my neck of the woods.

Is there a way of making the Mastic stronger, to stop it from cracking!?

About the panel...It actually fits; it just not clicked in; i was messing with it just before the 'click'! :D

I was jesting about the bath panel :p

Trowel mastic will allow limited movement so you don't want it to set "rock hard". If it's cracking, the stuff you're using is carp / out of date.

corner baths are pretty out of fashion in my opinion and they always seem to be on 'clearance offer' more than any other type around my neck of the woods.
Indeed - I got a working Jacuzzi on local Free Cycle site ;) . Went straight in where old corner one came out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back