Cracking problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive recently moved into a new house and when ive came to paint the kitchen and bathroom i got this defect in the paint. Im not sure if it was down to the previous paint used or the fact i had no heating on when i painted. The ceilings in both rooms dont seem to have this problem. I was hoping someone could tell me the cause of this and how to remedy it thanks[/img]

Sponsored Links
Lots of causes most common is painting matt vinyl over silk finish, or sometimes a trade paint that needed thinning applied too thickly.

Your wall is very porous and it's sucked the binder out of the paint. Water your paint down about 20% and give extra coats.

Your wall is very porous and it's sucked the binder out of the paint. Water your paint down about 20% and give extra coats.

Have seen similar when over paint walls with wallpaper residue. OP do you mean brand new house, or new to you and painting done after removing old decorative finish?

Sponsored Links
It's the same problem. The paste sucks out the water from the paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back