Cracks above skirting board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,
I moved into my house in may it’s a mid terrace built in 1904 I had a survey done nothing structural was picked up and the house has been damp proofed.
I’ve noticed hairline cracks in the bathroom and spare room but these have recently been replastered before I bought the house so not too concerned about those.
Today however I’ve noticed some bigger cracks directly underneath the radiator in the dining room above the skirting board. These are confined to under the radiator only but are quite deep into the wall. Is this just because of the heat off the radiator? Or something worse? The dining room is the oldest part of the house

Sponsored Links
If the cracking is even, and along several walls or a single wall, then its probably shrinkage, and that would include for localised areas behind radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back