cracks ajoining old to new ceiling.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there.
i recently had the utility wall knocked down that adjoined the kitchen to make a kitchen diner. it was not a load bearing wall.
the point at which the 2 ceilings meet has now got a crack all the way along its length.
what is the best corse of action to fill the crack and what is the best product to use?
thanks for looking and hopefully someone can send me some valuable information.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Was reinforcing or scrim tape applied over the join & were the ceilings re-plastered? The board joint has failed; you could try flexible filler but it’s very unlikely over filling the crack will produce a permanent repair, it will inevitably crack again. The proper way to repair it is to reinforce the joint & skim it over, blending in with the ceiling each side.

Hi there rymatom, I see you're not too far away from me - if you like I could come & have a look & give you some advice ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back