cracks in new ceilings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.i had loft converted into two bedrooms and bath room three years ago.plaster boards are used on partition and solid walls .after 6 months some cracks appeared on ceilings. two places where ceiling and partition walls meet cracks are bigger.i have filled bigger cracks twice with filler but filler cracks again.what could it be.i know builder have used scrim on ceilings but not on wall and ceiling joints.whats solution.what type of filler can be used so it does not crack.any advice is welcome.thanks.

Sponsored Links
why did the builder not use scrim on those joints? if theres no scrim tape there, you could scrim the joints and cover them with easyfill (jointing compound) and sand down to a smooth finish

Sponsored Links
why did the builder not use scrim on those joints? if theres no scrim tape there, you could scrim the joints and cover them with easyfill (jointing compound) and sand down to a smooth finish
i have seen a lot of plasterers not using scrim on ceiling and wall joints.is easy fill(jointing compound) the one applied with wide scrapers.walls are already painted.do i need to do anything before using scrim.thanks

i have seen a lot of plasterers not using scrim on ceiling and wall joints.is easy fill(jointing compound) the one applied with wide scrapers.walls are already painted.do i need to do anything before using scrim.thanks
you should always scrim up those joints or you get problems like the one your having now because the wall and ceiling are not bound together, yes easyfill is the filler applied with scrapers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back