Cracks between ceiling and wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi after some advice on what would be best to solve the hairline cracks which keep appearing in our spare bedroom.

I sanded them down the other year and filled but they've come back,i think i tried caulk last year.The worst is the spare bedroom where the crack goes the entire length of the wall

A friend mentioned PVA glue?

IMG-20200419-132548.jpg

IMG-20200419-132534.jpg

IMG-20200419-132530.jpg

This is the bathroom

IMG-20200419-132513.jpg

IMG-20200419-132504.jpg

The other is a crack between the skirting boards, what would be best to use?

IMG-20200419-132434.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Suggest in the spare bedroom,, fix a cove? between wall and ceiling?

As for the [stair??] crack that one will come back again, there is a small movement in the timber stair that causes the crack between the timber finish and the plaster, as / when someone uses the stair there has to be a very small movement of the timber stair, over time this constant [tiny] movement will occasion the crack.

Suggest for this area a paintable caulk which will need to be renewed every so often.

Ken

Suggest in the spare bedroom,, fix a cove? between wall and ceiling?

As for the [stair??] crack that one will come back again, there is a small movement in the timber stair that causes the crack between the timber finish and the plaster, as / when someone uses the stair there has to be a very small movement of the timber stair, over time this constant [tiny] movement will occasion the crack.

Suggest for this area a paintable caulk which will need to be renewed every so often.

Ken
Cheers we did think of putting coving up but the partner wasn't to keen as she says it's old fashioned (her words not mine) & she likes to make my job harder not easier :cry::LOL:

IMG_20200725_130022.jpg
So checked the bedroom today and the crack has come back after using toupret :cry:

Sponsored Links
Ok?

How about a paper frieze? or as above a "Modern looking" cove / ornate plaster cove? a load of sites selling dozens of different ornate and Fibrous plaster cornices.

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back