1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Cracks between ceiling and wall

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by Anthony B, 19 Apr 2020.

1. Anthony B

Anthony B

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi after some advice on what would be best to solve the hairline cracks which keep appearing in our spare bedroom.

I sanded them down the other year and filled but they've come back,i think i tried caulk last year.The worst is the spare bedroom where the crack goes the entire length of the wall

A friend mentioned PVA glue?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the bathroom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other is a crack between the skirting boards, what would be best to use?

[​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Apr 2020
  2. KenGMac

KenGMac

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Suggest in the spare bedroom,, fix a cove? between wall and ceiling?

As for the [stair??] crack that one will come back again, there is a small movement in the timber stair that causes the crack between the timber finish and the plaster, as / when someone uses the stair there has to be a very small movement of the timber stair, over time this constant [tiny] movement will occasion the crack.

Suggest for this area a paintable caulk which will need to be renewed every so often.

Ken

3. Sponsored Links
  4. bettz1

bettz1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Cheers we did think of putting coving up but the partner wasn't to keen as she says it's old fashioned (her words not mine) & she likes to make my job harder not easier :cry::LOL:

5. bettz1

bettz1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    IMG_20200725_130022.jpg So checked the bedroom today and the crack has come back after using toupret :cry:

6. Sponsored Links
  7. KenGMac

KenGMac

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ok?

How about a paper frieze? or as above a "Modern looking" cove / ornate plaster cove? a load of sites selling dozens of different ornate and Fibrous plaster cornices.

Ken.