Cracks in new plaster after 2 months?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

In late September, I had my hallway, landing, and stairs skimmed. Despite choosing the most expensive quote and the contractor being recommended by a family friend, I've been told by several people on several online forums that the job wasn't done well (including here, so see my post history).

By early December, I noticed some large cracks developing. With Christmas approaching, I put off making this post and buried my head in the sand. However, these cracks have since worsened, and the plaster feels hollow when tapped in places (which says to me it hasn’t adhered properly)… The worst ones are definitely the first 3 but the others look awful too.

Just wanted to get some other opinions and what you’d expect the rectification to be.

Attachments

• IMG_1451.jpeg
    IMG_1451.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1453.jpeg
    IMG_1453.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1454.jpeg
    IMG_1454.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1523.jpeg
    IMG_1523.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1512.jpeg
    IMG_1512.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 59
Sponsored Links
Stair crack is a big problem in most houses. There are ways to cover but always comes back eventually as wood moves with people using stairs.
Crack above window corner is another common area where lintel is.
Crack under widow is another common area as no weight pushing down as the window sill is above.

Wall wanted digging back to brick and filling then expanding metal over before skimming like this.
Although this was a bigger area.

I used limelite on this one
PXL_20230413_113347277.jpg

Call plaster back imo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back