Cracks to plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi had bedroom boarded and skimmed 2 weeks ago, there was a couple of hair line cracks that appeared as it dried out,we filled them and gave it a mist coat of watered down white paint, we then left the room for a week and when we checked it again yesterday all the walls and ceiling had cracks showing the outline of nearly every board, not hair line cracks like before but thick deep cracks, plasterer has came back today and said its because we have turned the heating off in that room and with it being an old property with solid walls and single glazing and how cold it has been it is the plaster shrinking etc due to the drop in temperature. Is this correct? It is cold in there but Im worried the cracks are going to come back

Sponsored Links
tell him hes talking oot his arse hes not scrimmed the joints if you had banged the heating right up then mabey but you havent so he doesnt know what hes doing

to be fair i know he scrimmed the joints and the heating has been on for it to dry out but i turned it off after i painted it because we wernt using the room

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back