Craig and Rose chalky emulsion not sticking to mist coat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been painting the left, right and back walls of a stair well, with the back wall a different colour.
Walls skimmed months ago to cover up artex.
(Large gap in here due my hip replacement operation)
Plaster now totally dry, plaster sanded down , washed, and mist coat applied.
(Mist coat was diluted Crown Fresh Plaster Paint).
A week later the side walls got their first coat of Craig & Rose white (chalky emulsion)
Another week later , and the side walls got their second coat of C&R white.
Two days later I put up Frog yellow low-tack masking tape in the corners (on the side walls), and painted the first coat of Craig & Rose blue chalky emulsion on the back wall.
I removed the masking tape as soon as the painting was done, and it pulled the white paint off the base mist coat on the side walls.
The house is lived in and warm, so no issue with temperature being too low.
So, why did the posh emulsion not stick to the mist coat ?

Attachments

• 20210529_115059.jpg
    20210529_115059.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 65
Sponsored Links
I wouldn't expect anything with 'chalky' in the name to stay intact for long.

Even the most low tack tape can loosen new or old paint, it's the risk you take - but this chalky paint may not be very stable (never used it so guessing here).

Does the paint in general seem generally ok everywhere else? (Don't go sticking bits of tape to the wally randomly.)

Sometimes it's easier just to learn to cut in freehand to avoid such drama.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back