Crap under floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been replacing some broken floorboards today, recently had plumbers in replacing central heating pipe work so whilst floors up I've been replacing the knackered boards, trying to stop pipes creaking etc

How much stuff under there! Wood from notches, bits of pipe, screws and floorboard nails, solder reels....

It's no big deal I suppose, do you all leave this junk under the boards?

Sponsored Links
should be avoided really shows lack off care to detail
unless its impossible/unsafe to do so then you would expect some timber from the notches but no waste material

Sorry but I take care to remove all waste materials from the site, anything left under the floorboards from an install is just untidy and lazy working IMO. The occasional nail and little bits n pieces is sometimes unavoidable but its not difficult to remove 99% of the crap and tidy as you go.

I believe it's simply about caring and leaving a job as you would leave your own place if working on it.

I found the remains of a crap behind a bath panel once :mad: the newspaper it was wrapped in had discoloured but the Richard111 had gone . Another time I found £200 in old fivers :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Damn! And I thought that was what the space under the floor boards was for :oops:

Welcome to the Building trades. Just so long as the: any chance of a sub boss, drunks and druggies, couldn't care less'ers & outright chancer fly by night'ers (who often leggit with other peoples tools) continue to get hired then the rubbish attitudes to work will go on. Not to mention the employers who will take them on to save a few quid.

In some states in the USA larger jobs are totally union - that includes the Laborers union. Laborers are given brief instructions and will work with no further supervision until quit time. They are considered skilled and responsible.

All the unions protect their members and provide great benefits while demanding high wages. They educate their members and expect high work standards. Members who fool around or create problems will suffer consequences in their pay checks. They will quickly learn or leave.

Its great when you find the wood from notches under the boards. Its exactly what you need if you want to repair the notch if you've moved a pipe of cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back