crash bang wallop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anybody got any money left after this week stockmarket crash. :( my peps isa, and pension may not be looking to good next statement how is yours doing :confused: or are we to be ripped off again where's gorden and al when you want them no Northane Rock for us :confused:

Sponsored Links
I dont deal in shares so suppose i'm lucky in that respect, but wondering if the US slash interest rates by the supposed 1% does that mean a similar cut in the UK? great news if so for those with mortgages.

We've had 10 years of boom - now we get the opposite - ten years of bust.

Sponsored Links
Quote from an investment book

The reality is No one can get hurt by falling stockmarkets unless they encash there investments when the market is down.

Every stockmarket fall in history has been followed by a rise, usually the rise is far greater than the fall which preceeded it

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

I can sniff out large chests from across the kingdom... :eek:

All I can say is look after them!

Quote from an investment book

The reality is No one can get hurt by falling stockmarkets unless they encash there investments when the market is down.

Every stockmarket fall in history has been followed by a rise, usually the rise is far greater than the fall which preceeded it

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

I wish my pension company would read that ...Bastids.. gets worse evry year. :cry:

These companies want the market to "look" as though its doing bad so they don't have to pay out as much, I'm sure they help with the scaremongering in order to unstable the money market.
Thing is if the market is that unstable that a few rumours here and there can cause widespread panic then something is wrong and something should be done about it or people are given a choice as to where they keep their money ie have wages paid in hand again and don't deal with banks whatsoever, bring back the post offices nationwide so you can pay your bills and F**K the banks.

I wish my pension company would read that ...Bastids.. gets worse evry year. :cry:

Maybe you have a "with-profits" fund? Terrible things. Quite apart from the charges and commissions, the company won't tell you how they calculate the value, and they tuck away an unknown amount in their back pocket without saying how much or why.

After you've died, they describe this money as "orphan assets" and try to divert as much as they can get away with to their shareholders.

"Orphan assets" is just money stolen from past policyholders by the company. Some of them have billlions of it.

You can get some quite reasonable pension schemes now, low charges and transparent values, no room for hiddden jiggery-pokery and unexplained valuations.

http://www.investorschronicle.co.uk...tion-Time-Longer-Wait-For-Orphan-Windfall.jsp

http://www.investorschronicle.co.uk...f8e8/Aviva-to-find-home-for-orphan-assets.jsp

Maybe you have a "with-profits" fund? Terrible things.

Yes :cry: and yes :cry:
58 now soo not alot of time to amass a better fund? Think my best option is to retire early and carry on working.. :mad:
Thanks for those links JD, I will peruse them but wont pretend I understand any of it ..lol

Sponsored Links
Back