crazy squirrel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have quite a large garden and this morning there were maybe a couple of dozen birds on the grass feeding. For the past half hour we have been entertained by what I would guess by its size is a quite young squirrel going completely bananas chasing off and attacking the birds, doing back flips, racing up the side of the summer house - many of the birds much larger than the squirrel.

SWMBO has been putting nuts in a dish for the squirrels and we have often seen them burying the nuts. I had no idea squirrels could be so very aggressive.

Sponsored Links
We were watching a grey eating some food we had put out on a campsite a rabbit hopped up and bumped the squirrel off the food

We were watching a grey eating some food we had put out on a campsite a rabbit hopped up and bumped the squirrel off the food

We often have them here, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time, plus foxes and cats, but I have never seen such and aggressive squirrel before. I think it is probably the same one we have seen burying nuts around the garden and it was guarding those, or trying to.

People who feed grey squirrels are anti social, the tree rats need eradicating. Get some contraceptive food for them if you are squeamish and don't want to kill them.
Help these guys out
_116677205_006293080.jpg

Sponsored Links
People who feed grey squirrels are anti social, the tree rats need eradicating. Get some contraceptive food for them if you are squeamish and don't want to kill them.
Help these guys out
_116677205_006293080.jpg
It was bird food for birds

Help these guys out
_116677205_006293080.jpg

The poor native reds are vastly outnumbered by the alien greys sadly. Even the reds in protected sanctuaries are in danger of being overrun if it weren't for the hard work of the wardens and numerous volunteers keeping watch for grey transgressors.

Wonder if they have a grey squirrel issue on the continent ?

Perhaps they eat them :idea: squirrel pie :idea: may be
They certainly seem to like pigeon pie

Feeding the foxes tonight

there are 6 Cubs or pups or what ever small foxes are called ?

that come down with 3 adults for there grub

Sponsored Links
Back