Creaking hot water pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I removed a fitted wardrobe the other day so was finally able to get under the floorboards to see why it creaked when the heating was on. I found that all of the hot water pipes route along perpendicular to the joists. They have not been clipped and are rammed into two huge notches taken out of the joists (a few pipes are bigger than the usual radiator feed size).

I do not want to take any more wood away from the joists so is there any kind of tape or film I can use to wrap around these pipes and place between pipe and joist to ease their movement?

Thanks for any advice

Graham

Sponsored Links
I removed a fitted wardrobe . They have not been clipped
;) Good answer though- I`ve had success with silicone spray that is sold in drainage stores (or wickes) soak the wood -it won`t harm it :idea: Do it to soil/vent pipes where the bloody chippies cut the noggings too tight :evil:

Nige, dont you have a saw in the van! Cut the bl oody noggins a bit bigger then FFS!

Sponsored Links
@ the eves of the attic 30 degree pitch in an existing occupied house amongst 10 inches of glass fiber and spiders :mad: ...Not all site slashers and House bashers you know :LOL: FSF

Am neither what you mention, and was still laughing till you mentioned Spiders!!!!!

Would not have even taken the spray up if the little buggers were looking at me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back