Create "bubble water wall" things? how?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay so if you go to some "fancy" places, you'll see plenty of those glass "walls" that have strips of bubbles rising up them... cool effect.

Well I want to make one myself... a scaled-down version :)

Any help to get me started? :) Basically I need to know how I could go about creating a hose and ... (having a fan or something?) blowing air through it... ideally run off batteries...

Sponsored Links
You can get aerators and clear pipes from aquarium suppliers who also supply diffusers and pipes with holes. They also do battery-operated pumps.

Get glass cut to size and join it with clear Silicon adhesive -probably best to make the base out of plastic (e.g. acrylic) that you can drill holes in to accept the air pipes (to avoid having a pipe fed from the top) but if you make the case tall there will be considerable water pressure at the base so best to have a joint that is threaded both sides to accept the pipes and ensure an airtight seal. You'll also need to add a base that enables the pipe to be fed underneath but it will also need to be able to take the weight when full.

You should also consider a non-return valve if you put the air pump in the base to stop water coming back down the pipe when it is switched off.

I found a supplier in canada
here

Hope this helps

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back