Creating a new shower area. How to fill void and studwork.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have removed our old "boiler room" and extended our bathroom into it. The part which used to be the room is now our shower.

We have cement boarded the shower area and I have a few questions.

1) there is a small area where the cement board does cover? How do I fill this gap.

2) the studwork which is next to the old frame is slightly ahead of where I put the cement board. What could I do here

Attachments

• IMG_7997.JPG
    IMG_7997.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_8001.JPG
    IMG_8001.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_7999.JPG
    IMG_7999.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 131
Sponsored Links
Tape & seal all the joins first, corners too.
Can't really make sense of the second picture. Cement board finishes into a corner what's the white just a painted wall? Use anything to fill if it's being covered? Can't see if it's going to be in shower area or not.

On the third picture you should of packed the studwork out so you could board right upto the door frame. is the timber going to be within the shower enclosure or not ? Where's the pivot door going?! If it's outside of shower the options are easier. Could just tile over the timber if it's flush but not ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back