Creating a solid level base on floor board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I realise this may be a pointless exercise and if convinced will drop the idea all together. I've stripped back a room and had it re rendered and skimmed. Also took out the chimney breast in order to make that wall more usable. The plan is to replicate built in wardrobes, but using three, 1m frames will sliding doors attached and I will then box these in with lighting etc.

As I have 3 frames, which will need to be perfectly joined and flush with each other I want to be able to have them on a very level base. The floor boards are not bad, but it's not perfectly level. I have 2 options I guess:

1. cut out the floor boards the depth of the wardrobes and place an 18 or 22mm sheet of ply down.

2. place a very thin ply sheet on top of the floor boards, but use some sort of liquid cement between the floor boards and ply that will allow me to set the ply level

I'd like to think 2 would be easier, but while typing this I'm beginning to think 1 would be (albeit I'd need to support the board at the cut as they would be between joist spans. Not sure it's really worth it, but I would feel better if I knew it was all level before starting.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
why not just use some folding wedges or packers on the frames so they become level?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back