OSB3 vs Ply vs floor boards - Please help!!!

If you glue then screw the top sheet down it would help, I would have thought 18mm ply would have been fine for a floor as long as you noggin each joint...

Thank you tomfe. I can spend the holidays without worrying. You have just bough a sigh of relief for me.

My room is only 2.6m wide so a single 2.4m sheet covers most of the width. I have no joints in between joists. Only one joint per sheet on the last joist. Sheets are fitted in staggered pattern. Where exactly should i add noggins?
Forgot to add, space between joists is approx 32cm.

Sponsored Links
I'd add noggins at the board ends between the joists.
Thank you 1990.
Both ends of the long board(approx 220cm long) long are on joists. Both ends of the short board(approx 40cm long) are also on joists. Two boards are closely fitted next to each other. So, there are no board ends between joists. So I need to add trimmer joists where the boards end?
I am missing something?
Have a very happy x'mas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back