creating an understairs cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The house I am in the process of buying has an open stairway under which I want to create an understairs cupboard.

I think I'll be ok with it as far as the timber work, plaster boarding and door frame goes, but I am unsure whether I should be getting the plaster boarding skimmed afterwards.

Ive looked at the Wickes good idea leaflet and this says that the bare plasterboard can just be painted, which Im sure it can but I don't want to see any joins.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Here, under the stairs you have to have either have fire rated plasterboard and skimmed, or 2 layers of 12.5mm boards, with or without skim.
If you choose the later you can fill the gaps and decorate. Since you probably won't be able to see much under there, then the finish is probably not that vital.

I think OP means see....on the triangular part outside the cupboard ;) ...good advice re fire board ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back