Creating privacy behind fence / trellis

A garden, says he. Filing cabinet planters. Slabs. Extend the decking!:cry: FFS.
Sure, they're a thing, google it:

image-asset.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Yes, but so are pallet garden furniture and scaffolding shelves...

Looks pretty good to me, very modern and contemporary, what with being grey. I never would have IDed them as filing cabinets.

Sponsored Links
Sure, they're a thing, google it:

image-asset.jpeg
Fair enough. In the right environment they can be used...for a while. Then they rust. Leak. Look bloody awful.
How would a bamboo screen affect the garden in the OP? How much of the lawn would be lost to the space taken up by the cabinets and shade cast across the surface? Nothing wrong with a bamboo screen but wooden planters are relatively cheap, look much better and give an appropriate aesthetic to the surrounding garden. I prefer barrel planters in that design, especially for a small garden - and why not go for full Japanese style and plant a couple of acers for colour contrast...or if you're feeling adventurous plant a Sansho tree: peppery leaves, buds and flowers in spring. They grow 3m high and fill a garden with all kinds of good vibes.

Thanks all for advice

Im going to out artificial trellis behind my trellis. Will green it up a lottle

As for extra height, seems planting something in my own decking area seems the only way, will consider this thanks

What is the tallest thinnest plant you can grow from a planter?

Bamboo?
Bay laurel?

Something else?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back