Creda EcoResponse storage heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Not sure if this is best place to ask. I have a Creda EcoResponse ER500 storage heater. Fitted about 7 years ago. This year however it's been acting up. It has about 10 heat level settings. On around settings 1-7 it seems to have stopped working, i.e. in the mornings I find it is cold to touch, no heat generated overnight. Settings 8-10 it works, although maybe not as well as it should.

Thermostat on its way out? Something else gone wrong?

I'm not having much luck getting through to anyone at Creda and this heater seems to have been discontinued a while back, can't seem to find spares.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Does seem to point to the thermostat if part of it works. Can it be dismantled and looked at and reassembled? Or does it look like an enclosed unit?

There are usually manuals available on line, I think Creda have a site for searching for them

Sponsored Links
Just seen this on Creda website .."Our sister company Dimplex", never knew that, since 1987 according to Wiki

Thanks for the replies, I'm away from home for the next few days, but will have a look at the heater when im back. Pretty sure it can be opened up, yes. When I installed it the panel came off for the thermal bricks & heating elements bro go in.

The control panel works ok, it just doesn't seem to heat on low-medium settings.

Is there a way of testing the thermostat? When I get it open I'll post some pictures. Thanks.

Opened the heater up. Would the thermostat be housed in this unit?

Could it be the switch it's wired into? I have a multimeter, what would I be testing, other than power coming to the switch?

20191230_074250.jpg

Top left of the heater, looks like one of the connectors has browned a bit, burn marks?20191230_075206.jpg

Connector is very brittle and started to break apart when I touched it. The wiring appears to be intact though.

15776929073376363131866559648492.jpg

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back