Creda electric shower dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I hope everyone is safe during the lockdown.

Maybe someone can help.

I have a Creda Florida Plus electric shower that has started dripping. So I opened the cover and found where its leaking. plz see the pic.

I searched the internet and I think I need this part:
https://www.showerdoc.com/redring-active-expressions-plus-inlet-elbow-assembly-93792427

My question is: Do I need to replace the full Inlet Elbow OR should I just try to find a washer to stop the leakage?

thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-04-09 at 1.19.14 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-09 at 1.19.14 PM.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 317
Sponsored Links
Did you try to tighten it, gently, in case it just needs nipped up?

Unless the elbow is holed/split I wouldn't consider replacing it. If nipping up the joint doesn't cure the leak then clean up the fitting and try a new washer/O-ring/seal.

Did you try to tighten it, gently, in case it just needs nipped up?

Yup, may have been loosened when the water was connected to it.

Looking at the fitting though an appliance valve seal might do the trick, need to check the size.

Sponsored Links
thanks for all your replies. I tried to tighten it myself but the black nut is so hard that it does not nudge and its difficult to use any tool there.

I will just leave it for now.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back