creda night storage heater problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Creda night storage heater model number 79161c. The problem i have is that am unable to turn the heat down, it is flat out all the time unless i unplug from the mains. i have turned the dials down to 1 for the heat and 1 for the output but nothing works.

Sponsored Links
The temperature of the heat stored is controlled by a thermostat.
The amount of heat released is controlled by a mechanical flap.

It sounds like the thermostat is stuck shut.
Turn the power off, remove the outer case of the heater and turn the heat control. You should see/hear the stat open and close or use a meter to confirm the operation. If it doesnt operate then it probably needs replacing.

You can get the spare part here: http://www.storageheater.co.uk/Models/Creda/79141C.htm

But at £50+ for the stat you may be better off with a complete new heater,.

Thankyou for the reply, i will get it looked at. i have turned of the power supply last night for it cool down so we will then be able to get inside without burning ourselves.

The temperature of the heat stored is controlled by a thermostat.
The amount of heat released is controlled by a mechanical flap.

It sounds like the thermostat is stuck shut.
Turn the power off, remove the outer case of the heater and turn the heat control. You should see/hear the stat open and close or use a meter to confirm the operation. If it doesnt operate then it probably needs replacing.

You can get the spare part here: http://www.storageheater.co.uk/Models/Creda/79141C.htm

But at £50+ for the stat you may be better off with a complete new heater,.

Anyone on this great forum know how where the reset switch is on a Creda TSR24AW storage heater is please?

I've looked on YouTube and there's great videos on there demonstrating how it's done, but when I opened my heaters panel, I was unable to locate anything that looks like a reset switch!

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back