Creda T632CW tumble dryer no longer heating. Thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Creda T632CW tumble dryer has stopped heating. I cleaned all the filters (they were quite mucky) and I assume the thermostat has tripped. I've taken the top off but I can't see anything that look like a thermostat so I can't reset it. What does it look like, where is it and how can I reset it?

Any help will be great fully received as it's currently all over the kitchen!

Sponsored Links
Remove the rear banjo cover and the stats are on the heater two round discs.

Thanks for responding, Rocks. Rear banjo cover? You mean on the back of the dryer? I hope the drum doesn't fall out.

Ok. Amazingly, I've now got the two thermostats exposed. One is green spot with orange cables in & out, the other is no-spot with a blue cable in one end and orange & blue cables at the other. Is there a way to reset them, if so which one needs resetting and how?

Sponsored Links
That sounds a little drastic. OK. Done that. I can't see any obvious bulge. How does this help?

It resets the disc on the front of it. It will be slightly concaved then it's working.

I followed the advice from an earlier post, which suggested drilling a hole through the stat and resetting it with a pin, so I tried this. I didn't hear anything click when I inserted the paper clip, and so I reassembled everything. Now, everything seems to be working again but I have no idea why!

Many thanks for the help!

The green one , throw it on the floor a couple of times till got a slight bulge on the front of it.
just read this today. It was so random I decided to give it a go. IT WORKED !!!! brilliant. It heats up again.no problem. thanks rocks.

I really did think someone was having a giraffe, Throw it on the floor a few times... Yeah right.
Gave it a crack , What do you know its now heating again. You my friend are an absolute LEGEND :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks rocks1 for ur idea. Worked like a dream.

Hi thanks for this, mine also stopped heating up, it turned out to be the little stat, in a none working state you have no continuity over the stat, once reset you will have continuity, I also removed the door and cleaned the air ducts as I suspect this stat had tripped out due to high temp, I suspect that was caused by low air flow.

Rocks 1 you are a star - threw the thermostat on the floor a few times and bingo! I now have a hot tumble dryer again. Thank you! (I thought this was a wind up too)

I was very sceptical about this fix, but tried it anyway, and it worked! I removed the thermostat with the green dot on it, threw it on the floor until it "popped", put it back together and the tumble drier was working again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back