Creda T632CW Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Creda T632CW condenser dryer's motor has stopped working.
I have checked replaced the the motor capacitor but no joy.
The motor is ok when tested by a direct feed. Both terminals of the capacitor become live when mains is switched on.
I can hear a 'click' as soon as the appliance is turned on then the humming noise starts. Motor does not turn on.
Is the main circuit board (located at front/top of the right side, behind the programmer/timer) of the appliance faulty?
An advice how to repair it would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Wow, what an overwhelming response so far. Lets see if I can help in less than 3 pages.
Possibly a relay at fault.
Have you checked the drum turns freely or tried with belt off.

Wow, what an overwhelming response so far. Lets see if I can help in less than 3 pages.
Possibly a relay at fault.
Have you checked the drum turns freely or tried with belt off.

Thanks for your reply.
The drum rotates freely with the belt off.
I suspected an electronics fault on the pcb as you have suspected.
Can some one pinpoint which relay and where can it be purchased?

Sponsored Links
Thank you for posting the link which illustrates the PCB I have mentioned earlier where a click is heard before commencement of humming noise.
Yes this PCB is mounted at top right hand side behind the timer of the appliance. Did you mean the the blue coloured relay on this board.
In the case of this relay to be considered as faulty, can it be purchased on its own?

Some machines have a relay that sit on its own but sounds like yours are all on the pcb board.

The relays need to be de-soldered, not just push-in / pull-out.

To identify the relay for a suitable replacement you need to read off the print on the top of the relay.

You could test them before ordering new ones etc..

Take photos and make written notes of wiring connections before removing pcb.

Yes you are right, the relays are on the PCB and there is no separate relay behind the timer. There are 4 relays on the board. 1 blue and 3 brown. Which one do you think requires replacing? Are these relays readily available?

Should be.
What does it say on them. The brown ones are prob the same but check.

Are you sure the blue one is a relay? Looks more like a xfrm but could be wrong.

Yes you are right. There are 3 relays (brown).
Two of the relays are the same, described as RT114024 and the third one is RT314024.
The black cable from one of the terminals of first relay goes to one of the terminal of the motor capacitor and simultaneously to the black wire of the motor. Please note that the black wire was alive when machine was turned on. Should it be alive?

http://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/90293/SIEMENS/RT314024/751/3/RT314024.html

http://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/239856/MACOM/RT114024/308/2/RT114024.html

Look up the datasheets and test with meter between the switched pins.

Yes probably correct, there will be a live thats the whole point of the relay, to switch the live 240v on and off or could switch it between the forward and reverse to motor, where does the other switched state of the relay go? The real question is one of the relays stuck in the 'on' state. If both are on at the same time i.e both reverse and forward lives for the motor, it will not turn both will counteract each other.

A photo of both sides might help.

I have de-soldered both of the RT114024 Relays. Both of the relays have 5 pins. i.e. 2 for coil and other 3 are a single pole switch.
The third relay,I have not removed it yet has 8 pins. It has 6 pins for a double pole switch.
I have tested both of the removed relays with a meter as following;
there is an inductive resistance between the pins of coil,
the switched terminals indicate ON between 1 & 2 and OFF between 1 & 3.
Sorry I do not know how to upload photos

No need to remove from board.

Apply a d.c voltage across the coil pins, the results should be the reverse.

Would you please explain the test procedure in detail.
Do I need to test voltage across the coil terminals with a meter and it should indicate as negative reading.

May I test function of a relay by applying a dc voltage to coil terminals (using a PP3 9v battery) and simultaneously test the continuity between terminal 1 & 3 of the switch which were open circuit without application of the dc voltage.

What voltage is the relay, should state on it.

Yes thats the way, dc voltage across coil pins and check resistance between switch pins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back