Creda T632CW Dryer

It is direct from the pcb. J3 (terminal of double pole switched Relay) via black/white wire to connector and from connector to one of the stat 1 via Grey wire. From mains neutral via blue/white to connector and from connector to stat 2 via orange wire.
Should J3 relay controlled terminal be the live supply to heating elements via stat 1 ?

Sponsored Links
If theres continuity through both stats and you have checked continuity through the water tank reservoir switch (if the switch is open circuit the heating cct will not switch on) then the most likely culprit is the relay.
Is the check water light on?

Its possible one of the relays feeds the 240v live to a 2nd relay so not necessarily the relay directly connected to the wiring to the heater/stats.

As you did not de-solder the double pole relay I would check your solder joints on the other 2 relays first just to be sure there is continuity between the relay pins and the pcb tracks.

If that checks ok test the double pole relay. ( you have already tested the single pole relays so unless you applied too much heat when soldering them back in they should be ok).

I have monitored voltage at the third relay which feeds to J3 which is connected to the one side of the double pole switch of the relay, which was found in Off position as the side of the switch is On position with mains voltage.

Test relay as you tested others, is it 24v?

Its either the relay is faulty or not activated by the cpu because of a safety sensor or switch.

Have you def connected everything back onto the pcb and making contact.

Sponsored Links
Yes it is 24v double pole switched relay. I did test it last time and I have tested it now. It activates as 18v is applied to its coil.
The both of single pole relays work when machine is turned on but the third double pole switched relay does not activate therefore J3 terminal remains dead.
You mentioned about activation by a sensor or a switch. Where is it located and can I operate it manually?

Exhaust thermostat
Water tank reservoir switch

Is it a 'sensor dry' condenser tumble dryer?

Yes, its a condenser
But
Is it a sensor dry? If it is there will be another sensor.

Somewhere on the front drum vent housing either at the front top behind front fascia panel or mounted internally at the bottom on the drum vent housing.

You not answer - did it heat up before???

Have you tried all the drying programmes?
Which programme have you got it on?

I have been trying at 30 mins drying programme. I will try it at other modes tomorrow. i can not turn it on now because my because my two years old grand children are asleep now. I will try and let you know tomorrow

On a sensor dry programme you need to have damp clothes in the machine for the heating to be switched on.

The 20 or 30 min cycles will heat regardless of whether the clothes are wet or not.

Thank you very much for your advice.
I will try tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

If the problem persists answer this:
Was it heating before the motor failed?

Did you buy it to fix?
Find it dumped on the roadside?
Or it is yours, been working fine and just stopped working?

Sorry I am at work at the moment. I did not get a chance to try at other setting with damped clothes loaded in.
I will try later on after the work and let you know the outcome.
It did not have any problem with heating. In fact the element was glowing red hot whilst I was resolving the motor problem. I must have turned the timer selection to 30mins during the process and yesterday I have been trying it at 30mins.
No I have neither bought it faulty nor found it. In fact I bought it from Commet about 8 years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back