Creda T632CW Dryer

Sponsored Links
Yes You are right.
I have tried 9v but it has not activated the switch i.e. the pin 1 & 3 remained open circuit.
Would you please suggest an alternative means of higher dc voltage.

Do you have any 24v dc volt adaptors, phone chargers not high enough voltage.
18v might do it!
But nothing with a high amperage.

Do you have 2 or 3 9v batteries???

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your appreciable interest and help so far. I have managed to test the two relays removed from the board.
Both of them have activated with application of 18v and proven ok!
Do I need to test the third relay now?

Put your meter on the highest ohm range to be sure theres no leakage between the contacts when its open. Check this on both functions of the switch.
When 1 and 2 are making contact, there should be no continuity between 1 and 3. And vice versa.

Yes check the other relay, this can be done on pcb. No need to remove.

I have checked the third relay whilst it is connected on the pcb. It activated with the voltage application.
I have resoldered the two relays after testing. Tested after soldering on the board. The first relay activates and the second i.e. the middle one does not activate. The third one activates.
Tried turning the machine on, it is in the same state as before, i.e. motor does not run and humming noise as before. Both of the capacitor's terminal are alive i.e. mains voltage means both of the wires to motor are at mains voltage!

Ok so 3 wires from motor, 2 go to the cap, from the cap where do they both go?

Where does the 3rd wire go from the motor?

There are 3 wires from motor Orange, Black and Yellow.
Orange from motor to Cap and from Cap to pin 2 (switch ON position without supply to the coil) of Relay 1,
Black from motor to Cap and from Cap to pin 3 (switch ON position with supply to the coil) of relay 1, and
Yellow to Mains Neutral (Blue/White) and also to Heater (thick Orange wire)

So are you saying that regardless of whether relay 1 has power to the coil or not the switch remains in the ON position?

Something you may want to eliminate is the heating cct, can you safely isolate the neutral from the heater ( thick orange wire )?

No, I think my description of the wiring was not clear.
I meant Pin 3 of Relay 1 ON in activated position turning Pin 2 OFF.
There is a new discovery/development:
I tried to turn the motor manually by turning the fan impeller and was unable to turn it around. It seems stuck. It does not move in either direction!
This might be root of the problem. Please advise me

The motor should spin freely by hand with the belt off.
Have you checked both ends of the motor spindle?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back