Creda T632CW Dryer

Yes I have tried to spin the rotor but failed to turn it around from both sides with the belt off the pulley.

Sponsored Links
Ok so sounds like motor bearings seized. You will need to remove the motor to confirm this. If it still does not turn then its the bearings.

I don't think lubrication will work, either replace the motor as a whole unit or replace the bearings.

You won't know for sure until you remove the motor that its def the bearings.

If the fans are clear with no obstruction or hitting on the casing then its most likely bearings thats if the motor windings haven't melted causing the stator to be locked up.

Sponsored Links
I appreciate your sincere help in resolving the fault in my Creda dryer. God bless you.

I managed to ease the motor after spraying Gas Plus lubricant on its bearing on both sides. It started running but after about 5 minutes it has jammed again. It eases a bit for a short while. I think either both or one of the bearing is defective.

Well thats good that it freely turns, order a pair of bearings and replace both ends, probably about £5.

You may want to be sure you can get the old ones off first.

On the side of the bearing should be a number, use this to find suitable replacements.

Important to match bearing width, external diameter and internal diameter.

I guess dearer bearings will be longer lasting but depends on budget.

I would like to inform you that I have succeeded to resolve the problem without replacing the bearings. I removed the motor off the machine. Squirt the lubricant into the bearing left it overnight, checked in the morning and surprised to see that the spindle spun freely both sides for long time. In addition I have applied some grease (as much as I could) in the bearings.
Another problem has appeared now. It is not heating up now. I have checked the both heating elements, thermostats and all of the connectors which I required to disconnect for purpose of removing and refitting the motor.
All of the connections are fine. I have checked the continuity with a multimeter and discovered that there is no power going to either thermostats or the heating element. An advice to resolve this problem would be appreciated.

If it was heating before then just double check wiring connections. Also trace the wiring from the heater back to the pcb.
Check the overfill switch on the water reservoir located on the base of the machine.

Thank you for your prompt response. Yes it was heating up before. I will act on your advice and keep you posted.

I have checked all of the connections again. The machined spins both directions but there is no supply to the thermostat during any cycle. Does any of the three relays supply power to the heating elements?

Does the wiring from the heating element go via the reservoir overfill switch? Or directly to the pcb?

Yes most likely switched by a relay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back