Creep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone hear please confirm that the best operation to prevent creep is via fixing metal cleats?

Also can anyone confirm the best fixings to stone is a lead dot?

Thanks!

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
but....."creep is the tendancy of metals to stretch slowly in the course of time under sustained loading.....significant..will not occur if pieces are sized in accordance with recommendations in Lead Sheet manual"...What I`m quoting from now :rolleyes: Creep should not be used to describe slipping of lead where fixings have failed ....NVQ 2or3 :?: :LOL: :LOL: Lead dot to stone is good if you`ve got a mason handy to cut out a dovetail shaped hole in the stone.............you got lucky because I`d just go me old books out for a lead job ;) Write 100 times Iam HERE....and I HEAR what you`re saying :LOL:

My exterior (hand) railings, steps and suspended walkway, are fixed in leaded sockets .. cannot see the shape.
Unmoved or loosened in 37 yrs, railings are in use every day, I am impressed.
:D

Sponsored Links
Trust me it`s dovetail shaped :LOL: I`m unmoved...yet another questioner who doesn`t bother with a reply , let alone a thankyou :rolleyes: do you wonder why I **** about with some answers :LOL: :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back