Crimea and Scottish Referenda

Don't know about the French running away, the British obviously ran faster how else can you explain the fact that the British army arrived on Dunkirk beach first :LOL:

Well mate, if you live in Belfast, I'd hope you'd show some respect to the fallen in WW2. They were fellow Brits after all!!
Regardless of what side these brave people fought for, I'm shocked at the Mods permitting the disrespect shown on this thread!!

Sponsored Links
I don't whether it has been said before in this thread but Scotland is NOT a country - it fails on all but one definition of a country.

I'm all in favour of Scottish independence as it will ensure the incapable Labour party would never 'govern' this country again.

Of course, I can't imagine they would actually vote for independence. Salmon and Sturgeon are pursuing a pipe dream.

I don't whether it has been said before in this thread but Scotland is NOT a country - it fails on all but one definition of a country.

Yes, we fail as we lost our monarchy when James 6th of Scotland took over the throne of Engerland & there was the union of the crowns.

Sponsored Links
I'm all in favour of Scottish independence as it will ensure the incapable Labour party would never 'govern' this country again.

Of course, I can't imagine they would actually vote for independence. Salmon and Sturgeon are pursuing a pipe dream.

A very good point mate, we have all these Labour rsoles here in Scotland, so a Yes vote would mean we're stuck with them. However, there's a strong far right movement here also, so if we become an independent country, we may end up with a fascist government that'll deport them to the Peoples Republic of China or North Korea.

Salmon is a Edinburger pr.ck & was an economist with RBS, so we know where that got us!! Sturgeon has had very little formal education & like Salmon should not be trusted.

"we have all these Labour rsoles here in Scotland"

We have our fill off them here in the province also. :mad:

N Korea or china sounds like a good place for them.

500 years ago we would have chopped their heads off to save the country now we give them a vote to destroy the country!

There was a time when the Labour party was a good thing. I believe they first came to power in the early 20th Century, when working class people were being taken advantage of and had no rights of employment. Same with trades unions.

Today, however, the Labour party seems not to have the workers' interests at heart. In fact, the only interests they do have at heart are their own. Worse still, during their last administration they almost destroyed this nation by pursuing pie-in-the sky ideas, showing that they have absolutely no idea how to run a country. Millipede's antics have, hopefully, confirmed that although I'm afraid that there are still many 'my dad voted Labour, so I do' sheeple in the electorate.

That's a fallacy right there! The Scottish vote has only affected the outcome of a uk election twice since 1945. In 1964 and 1974. And there are a great many folk who want independence. It'll be a close run thing!

That's a fallacy right there! The Scottish vote has only affected the outcome of a uk election twice since 1945. In 1964 and 1974. And there are a great many folk who want independence. It'll be a close run thing!

I think you miss my point. If independence does come about it will remove all the Scottish labour votes from the English elections.

Rubbish, there's very few people want independence!! Not sure what papers you're reading mate but they are works of fiction.
God Save the Queen.

I can honestly tell you Dickie that I only know 4 or 5 people who are voting no. My entire family and almost all my colleagues and friends are voting yes. Maybe its to do with different areas. I dont read any of the papers, they are just rags!

If ye're worried about Lizzie, she'll still be the Queen of an independent Scotland. At least until we have a vote about removing the monarchy ;)

Again, I don't think it will happen.

Still, it's the choice of the Scottish people. It won't make any difference to me, so not really my concern. I do think it will be to the Scots' detriment, though.

I can honestly tell you Dickie that I only know 4 or 5 people who are voting no. My entire family and almost all my colleagues and friends are voting yes. Maybe its to do with different areas. I dont read any of the papers, they are just rags!

If ye're worried about Lizzie, she'll still be the Queen of an independent Scotland. At least until we have a vote about removing the monarchy ;)

I don't know anyone that'll vote Yes mate, not one. The Scottish Government currently only spend money in Edinbuger....Trams, Forth Crossing etc etc. that'll not change, the SNP didn't improve the A9 or spend any money on the M8 carpark. You just exchange Westminster for Holyrood, all money is spent in a central location, always. Better the devil you know mate. I'd not trust anyone of these SNP(Scottish Nazi Party).

So we keep Liz, we keep the Pound, with the interest rates being fixed by the Bank of England...... :eek:

No point in becoming an independent country then, just vote NO!!

I'm coming in at the end of this topic, no way am I going to sift through the last 10 pages or so. If I repeat anything that's been said before; tough!!

I think Salmonella is only after lining his own pockets, why can't the millions of Scots who live in England and other far flung countries not given the vote, I'm English, my daughter lives in Glasgow, her mother is German, she gets to vote!! Crazy, she knows very little of the history of our nations.

Salmonella is panicking, that is why he gave 16yr olds the vote, what do 16yr olds know??

If he was to include all of the UK to vote I'm sure the English would be more than happy to be shot of Scotland although personally I see it as the end of an era, the only benefit I can foresee is my daughter migrating south when Scotland goes titsup!!

Sponsored Links
Back