Crimea and Scottish Referenda

Sponsored Links
I'm coming in at the end of this topic, no way am I going to sift through the last 10 pages or so. If I repeat anything that's been said before; tough!!

I think Salmonella is only after lining his own pockets, why can't the millions of Scots who live in England and other far flung countries not given the vote, I'm English, my daughter lives in Glasgow, her mother is German, she gets to vote!! Crazy, she knows very little of the history of our nations.

Salmonella is panicking, that is why he gave 16yr olds the vote, what do 16yr olds know??

If he was to include all of the UK to vote I'm sure the English would be more than happy to be shot of Scotland although personally I see it as the end of an era, the only benefit I can foresee is my daughter migrating south when Scotland goes titsup!!

Some very good points mate. We'd end up like Eire. No jobs, no money & a country full of corruption. DON'T trust the SNP.

i find it funny how westminster is always calling Scotland the sickman of the UK and its costing them money supporting it and that Scotland costs uk more per head than england ,ulster and wales (wrongly) .

And now the problem child wants to leave home they are doing everything to stop it it .

Why hold onto to something you dont like and you claim costs you money

i find it funny how westminster is always calling Scotland the sickman of the UK and its costing them money supporting it and that Scotland costs uk more per head than england ,ulster and wales (wrongly) .

And now the problem child wants to leave home they are doing everything to stop it it .

There's no one more patriotic than me, I can easily trace both sides of my family back 600 years. I'm related to about half a dozen clans.

The fact are though, we can't afford to go it alone, we are in the middle of the biggest global recession in 100 years. The SNP couldn't organise a p.ss up in a brewery & can't be trusted. We have escalating NHS, Public Spending costs & what about the scrounges!!! There's a large portion of our Scottish population that don't want to work & immigrants are flooding in too!!

Sponsored Links

There's no one more patriotic than me, I can easily trace both sides of my family back 600 years. I'm related to about half a dozen clans.

The fact are though, we can't afford to go it alone, we are in the middle of the biggest global recession in 100 years. The SNP couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery & can't be trusted. We have escalating NHS, Public Spending costs & what about the scrounges!!! There's a large portion of our Scottish population that don't want to work & immigrants are flooding in too!!

That applies to the whole country, of course, except that it's not the SNP, but LibLabCon.

The fact are though, we can't afford to go it alone, we are in the middle of the biggest global recession in 100 years. The SNP couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery & can't be trusted. We have escalating NHS, Public Spending costs & what about the scrounges!!! There's a large portion of our Scottish population that don't want to work & immigrants are flooding in too!!

That applies to the whole country, of course, except that it's not the SNP, but LibLabCon.

Says who??

Says who Richard??

Anyone with half a brain!

The Limp Dems would even now have us sign up for the Euro!

Labour let in every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Its only Camoron saw the danger of UKIP and promised a referendum in the future after he has been re elected, and that ain't going to happen, I think it's all about jobs for their mates, looking after each other!!

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Says who Richard??

Its only Camoron saw the danger of UKIP and promised a referendum in the future after he has been re elected, and that ain't going to happen, I think it's all about jobs for their mates, looking after each other!!

Why would anyone that lives in South Engerland know anything about politics in Scotland?? In fact, to most Engerlanders we still all run around the heather in our kilts chasing haggis or permanently drunk, that's doesn't mean I want to separate from the rest of the UK, I just want educate them in the fact that we Scots have a well educated population & an advanced modern society.

There was a time when the Labour party was a good thing. I believe they first came to power in the early 20th Century, when working class people were being taken advantage of and had no rights of employment. Same with trades unions.

Today, however, the Labour party seems not to have the workers' interests at heart. In fact, the only interests they do have at heart are their own. Worse still, during their last administration they almost destroyed this nation by pursuing pie-in-the sky ideas, showing that they have absolutely no idea how to run a country. Millipede's antics have, hopefully, confirmed that although I'm afraid that there are still many 'my dad voted Labour, so I do' sheeple in the electorate.
Labour used to be the party of the working man, it is now the party of the non working man and the immigrant.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Don't know about the French running away, the British obviously ran faster how else can you explain the fact that the British army arrived on Dunkirk beach first :LOL:

Well mate, if you live in Belfast, I'd hope you'd show some respect to the fallen in WW2. They were fellow Brits after all!!
Regardless of what side these brave people fought for, I'm shocked at the Mods permitting the disrespect shown on this thread!!
Sorry mate no disrespect was intended.
I just think that because the French ran away or surrendered doesn't make them cowards any more the the British who had to evacuate at Dunkirk were cowards, was it General Patton who said "the object of war wasn't to die for your country but to make the other barstewards die for their country".

The people of Eire called themselves Irish but they are not, if you come from Cork you can call yourself anything you like but you're not Irish, as I said Ireland is a complete Island, not made up of two sovereign states or countries. Eire is the Republic Part of Ireland it's not Ireland.

Scotland is country and will remain a country under the United Kingdom & can't be compared with any other country in the world. As said there was a union of the crown in 1603, when a Scottish King became the King of Great Britain. So at that time, and it's changed many times since, Scotland ruled the United Kingdom, including ALL of Ireland of course.

So what do you call someone from Ireland then? As per the question, eg someone from Cork.

Do you deny the right of a Unionist from NI to call themselves British even though they were not born in, or live in, Britain?

How arrogant am I? Just enough to annoy people, but I can still answer a direct question when asked.

Although I'm not arrogant enough to set myself up as the arbiter of what other people can describe themselves as, and not arrogant enough to think that my world view will 'never' change .

Edit - your post suggests that a Cork man can call himself German ,Swiss or anything he likes, as long as it's not Irish. Are you sure Bout that

:cool:
Every one in Ireland North and South is British as Ireland is part of the British Isles Historically, the earlist known name for these Islands was the Isles (not isle) of the Pretini from which the word Briton derives>

Says who Richard??

Why would anyone that lives in South Engerland know anything about politics in Scotland?? In fact, to most Engerlanders we still all run around the heather in our kilts chasing haggis or permanently drunk, that's doesn't mean I want to separate from the rest of the UK, I just want educate them in the fact that we Scots have a well educated population & an advanced modern society.

Chasing haggis's around the hillside should be banned, not only is it cruel but haggis will be on the endangered species list soon, we got banned from the Ayr ice rink 69/70 for fighting mods, we used to chase them all over Ayrshire, I assume the teaching standard has improved because they demolished Shortlees Secondary Modern, also while I'm on the subject, I can't remember her name buy I hope she's rotting in Hell..

Sponsored Links
Back