Crown chimney pot cap help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening, I hoping someone will be able to advise as to which type of caps I need to buy for these style crown pots?

Both are not in use anymore and need to be capped to stop rain ingress. The only thing I've come across is a solid fuel cowl which is £95 a pop. Is there anything in the C Cap price range that would be suitable? I need to cap 3 pots and keep it fairly reasonably priced.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I did a similar thing to a crown pot ( downdraft cowl I had lying around ) and"" beefed up" the fixings using copper wire from old electric cable - you can fit it vertically lying in the bottom of the V down the inside of the pot and out the bottom - then up the outside you go over the band of the cap and twist the 2 ends together - belt and braces;) Hope you see what I mean -( I can't do drawings on computers )

Sponsored Links
I did a similar thing to a crown pot ( downdraft cowl I had lying around ) and"" beefed up" the fixings using copper wire from old electric cable - you can fit it vertically lying in the bottom of the V down the inside of the pot and out the bottom - then up the outside you go over the band of the cap and twist the 2 ends together - belt and braces;) Hope you see what I mean -( I can't do drawings on computers )

Ah I think I've misunderstood the build of crown pots. Assuming mine are like the one below which I found online then the cap sits inside on top of the the circular rim and then the 'legs' are thread through and tightened with the clip?

Hi again, could anyone tell me the style of of the 2 pots I have in my picture possibly?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back