CSCS card, no C&G or NVQ

I have applied for my second CSCS card, as my old one expired in Dec, my last card was a green card, labourer, I had been out of the country working in NZ, so I just needed a card, any card as it was the easiest and quickest to get hold of
please can you advise me , I did not finish my apprenticeship and have not taken a NVQ, I worked for Drake & scull, for many years way back before CSCS cards were introduced, I left them and went to work for a gas installation company, I went to college and sat and passed my acops, which I needed to become Corgi registered , Corgi came out to my home, inspected my acops, and after becoming registered they visited me and inspected my work, so i became a registered Gas fitter
I worked for myself for one year, 99% of my work was fitting gas fires, taking out old ones, ie back boilers ect ect, which we all know is one of the most responsible jobs, ie the consequences if done badly can be fatal, anyway I started working for a company after one year, did not renew my Corgi registration, and became a plumber, no longer working on gas.
I phoned gas safe the other day who still have me on file as being a registered gas installer between 1995 -96,
Now I have just passed my plumbing cscs test today, and don't really want to land up with just a labourers card again.
Do you think it is possible to get a Blue plumbers card, without have finished or passed a NVQ, which we all know is utter tosh, as I have worked with many people with these so called NVQ qualifications, and half couldn't hang a rad on a wall straight .
Any info would be much appreciated.

Watching this thread with interest as I am going through similar shinnanagins getting my gas! No formal quals - just 20 years working with other plumbers and gas engineers!

Sponsored Links
I'm the same. Served my time (79-84) and can't find any paperwork relating to it. I'm GSR and am now SE plumbing as a subby. Been on the phone to JIB-pmes for days now on hold (don't think there's anyone there). Anyone got any other numbers to try? Google coming up with ziltch. Former employers always sorted it for me.

What, for a CSCS ticket?? Any back-street H&S knocking shop will get you one. Sit the daft test & pay your money.

Sponsored Links
What, for a CSCS ticket?? Any back-street H&S knocking shop will get you one. Sit the daft test & pay your money.
I sat the test yesterday, passed and they give me a cert saying pass and how to get a card !!! A JIB phone number that has you on hold for hours (i hung up on 59mins so i don't get charged). Twice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back