Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was told by my lecturer the bare minimum I need to work on site is the

C&G 2330 level 2 & 3 (achieved)
C&G 2382-10 (working towards)
Card ?
Health & safety test

On the CSCS website Electrical Installation it covered by the ECS, which is specific to the electrotechnical industry, the ECS website tells me I need employer sponsorship to get a card? (adult trainee)

Sponsored Links
Correct in a way.

The absolute minimum before you can go onto a site is the card, which can only be obtained once you have completed the multiple guess health and safety test.
The questions are feeble in the extreme.

Other qualifications probably required depending on what you are actually going to do.

Flameport thanks for your reply

I am unemployed at the moment, various job sites specifically ask for a "card" in their blurb ,so the only way to get a card is to be in employment? sorry if im not making any sense as it is late :oops:

ECS card is available having done Health & Safety Assessment.

I suspect employer sponsorship is only required for JIB grading, e.g. for Adult Trainee you are I believe required to demonstrate that you are working towards an NVQ Level 3 (otherwise you wouldn't be a Trainee).

Visit www.jib.org.uk for grading definitions and requirements.

Sponsored Links
I've just got CSCS and have never had any trouble getting on to sites.

it all depends on what you define as "site"..
if you're doing domestic rewires then you won't need a card will you?
they only require those on large projects

sorry, that was aimed at the OP..
but 12million? that's only a little site then?:cool:

Yeah only a little one. Not like media city. Now thats a site :eek:

I've heard that recently people have been kicked off sites for having CSCS cards instead of ECS cards, so they may be tightening up on that.

Can't see why anyone would go for a standard CSCS card to be honest with you.

all of the sparks i work with have the cscs card and its fine on all sites.
i did the ecs test but have not applied for the card yet as it involves a little more form filling out and employer references etc for the grading side of things.

Mine is a CITB card, I think.

BAE systems wont let us on site with anything else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back