What pay should i expect as a Lvl 3 Trainee Electrician (with L3 ECS Card)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently considering becoming an electrician after many years of being self employed in IT and after spending several years working in Construction.

I am thinking of starting a C&G 2365 Level 3 electrical course fairly soon. I would then do 17th Wiring and maybe PAT testing and then go into my NVQ level 3.

After my L3 2365 i should be able to apply for work as a Trainee electrician and i should be granted an ECS L2 or L3 Trainee Electrician Card.

I live and will be working in the Nottingham City area.

What is typical pay for trainees with these quals?

The JIB pay scales state £12 per hour for L2 and £13 per hour for L3 Trainee. But i know that a lot of employers don t stick my those pay scales and people have said elsewhere that they were paid much less when they were a L2 or L3 trainee.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You could be paid as little as £30.00 a day, with no experience.
But I would suggest you make enquires to local companies. And get some experience, you may not even like doing this type of work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back