NVQ level 3 and te JIB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently got my new card from the JIB which classifies me as a "senior graded electrical trainee"... :(
I think that my work didn't send off all my certificates..
the JIB letter said I need to get my NVQ level 3 to qualify for an "electrician" card..

I recently took my 17th edition regs course and have received today a certificate that says "Level 3 certificate in the requirements for electrical installations" along with a letter that says "Certificate issued based on previously issued units"..

is this an NVQ level 3?

it's all changed since I went to college..
I have C&G 236 parts 1 and 2, 2391 inspection and testing, and 2382 17th edition regulations..

Sponsored Links
JIB can be funny. My brother a sparks for 20 years, paper coming out of his arse. The JIB still insist he is an 'Apprentice Electrician'!!!!!!

Still handy when it comes to him working for me as I get to pay him peanuts and he makes the tea and hoovers up ;)

yeah but soon to be out of a job and it's better if my card is gold and says electrician, rather than white and says trainee..

With C&G 2360 Part 1 & 2 you should be able to get a sparks grading.

From the JIB site:

JIB Grading Definitions - Electrician Grade
Qualifications and Training

Must satisfy the following three conditions:

1) Must have been a registered apprentice or undergone some equivalent method of training and have had practical training in electrical installation work.

2) Must have obtained an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work (or approved equivalent) - see Note 1.

3) Must have obtained a pass in the City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Theory Part 2 Course or approved equivalent.

Note 1:

If the applicant meets the other two criteria but has not achieved an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation, then a "Provisional" grading may be awarded if the following criteria are both satisfied:

a) have obtained at least the City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Theory Part 2 Course Certificate (or approved equivalent).

b) have obtained Achievement Measurement 2 or must be able, with the application for Grading and any other relevant supporting evidence (i.e. the City & Guilds Electricians' Certificate) which may be required, to satisfy the Grading Committee of his experience and suitability.

Duties

Must be able to carry out electrical installation work efficiently in accordance with the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, the current IEE Regulations for Electrical Installations, and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.

Sponsored Links
I was in a similar boat recently.
To be an Electrician you need C&G 2360 Part 1 & 2 , NVQ 3 & AM2 !
The company I did the NVQ3 with wouldnt release the cert until I had passed the AM2 !

* Strokes gold card *
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back