Qualification Part 1 & 2 question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am confused over the qualification requirements of employers, what is part 1 & 2 qualified and what does this actually mean?

I am currently on the C&G 2330 level 3 day release, this will be followed by the 17th edition 2382 and the 2391 inspection and testing qual

I also have 2 years of practical experience on the tools (currently unemployed) and was wondering what other qualifications I need, to work for an employer when things pick up in the trade.

Sponsored Links
I believe part 1 & 2 refers to the C & G 2360 course. This has now been superceded by the 2330. I asume employers still ask for 2360 quals as the 2330 is new, & their probably isn't as many competent sparkies with the 2330.

Thanks for the reply Canduit do I still need to complete the 2356 NVQ before I am able to go out and work for an employer?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Canduit do I still need to complete the 2356 NVQ before I am able to go out and work for an employer?

Simple Ans. No

You don't need any qualifications to work as an electrician, potential employers, may insist you do.

can you even complete an NVQ without an employer?
I thought that a lot of it was work diaries and "on the job" visits to see your skills?

can you even complete an NVQ without an employer?
I thought that a lot of it was work diaries and "on the job" visits to see your skills?

defo need of some supervised employment within the trade, also projects/assignments will be needed to be taken back to college/learning provider.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back