CT1 versus a quality grab adhesive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any comments regarding the effectiveness of these products, anyone, and which to prefer?
In particular timber to internal walls......nothing too complex!
Regards
John

Sponsored Links
Obviously depending on the load, but I've used cheap standard grab adhesive eg as a filler/belt and braces when starting a stud wall with the timber also fixed with screws and plugs - when I've subsequently removed it (screws first) it's brought most of the skim off the wall, same with some skirtings I salvaged from an office - most of the plasterboard backing came off with them.

Thanks for the reply!
I'm replacing a Dunsley Neutraliser, which has a copper cylinder balanced on top of it so the load is high. Its in the corner of a studded wall airing cupboard.
The original support was one single post plus wall bearers and they have sagged over the years so I've gone for vertical 3"x2" posts plus wall bearers for strength.
To me it looks like CT1 and Sticks Like Sh*t are much the same in this application but I went for the CT1 to give it a try.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back